Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Re: Freedom Channel

Dear Mr. Fischer,

While I am even more ignorant of broadcast media than you claim to be, my experience limited to a year-long stint at a college radio station a few years ago, I absolutely agree that we need a Freedom (or Liberty) Channel right now. Your suggestion of starting it on satellite radio is ideal, since there are few controls over programming on these stations and that it can be commercial-free if need be (since all the sponsors would be scared off by True Liberty!).

Wow, imagine:

0600-0800: Freedom News Report, morning edition. A roundup of the top stories from around the world, detailing what governments around the world are doing to whom and at what cost in blood and treasure, and how they're covering it up. News updates throughout the day. Special feature: reporters who actually ask the hard questions and investigate whether the answers are true! I imagine that the reports will cover many of the same topics found on Rational Review News Digest.

0800-1100: Scott Horton's interview show. He's getting the guests, he just wasn't getting the airtime. Cycle it out with other hosts (say, Vin Suprynowicz, Kenneth John, Thomas Knapp, or Harry Browne) throughout the week if need be. This would be a great opportunity to interview the same guests as Democracy Now, but without the socialist slant.

1100-1300: Freedom News Report, midday edition

1300-1600: Financial advice and economic commentary with The Mogambo Guru and Gary North, and their guests.

1700-1900: Freedom News Report, evening edition

1900-2100: Nightly broadcast of a lecture, speech, rally, or some such that would interest the listeners. A great idea would be a round-table dissection of the political speech of the day. Broadcast live from the Mises Institute.

2100-0600: I dunno, should we just let Alex Jones loose? :-)

Thanks, and I'll be listening and/or taping stuff for broadcast if we ever get this off the ground!

No comments: